Pineapple and peppermint salad
This refreshing salad is a delicious sweet treat for the summer and accompanies most vegetarian or fish dishes well.
- Core a fresh pineapple and cut into small chunks / wedges
- Pick some mint from the garden (about a cup) and chop it roughly
- Combine in a glass bowl
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving
Thanks to my sister for the recipe. Especially for the suggestion of using chocolate mint on occasion rather than peppermint. Nom.
- Try adding a quarter cup of finely chopped red onion for a bit of bite
- Love ginger? This one is great with a little fresh rasped ginger root (not too much, just a taste)
May 6, 2014 at 5:07 am
Reblogged this on Loving happiness.
May 19, 2014 at 3:16 pm
This looks yummy and so simple to make, thanks so much for posting. Fruit is a great breakfast alternative when you’re traveling and looking for something healthy.